Filati Journal 43, Design 41
- Lana Grossa Paradiso (100% cotton, L = approx. 65 m/50 g): approx. 250 g turquoise (Col. 4); knitting needles No. 7 and 8, round knitting needles No. 7 and 8, 120 cm long, 1 round knitting needle No. 7, 60 cm long.
- K2, P2 , repeat to end.
- Net pattern:
- Knit according to the knitting chart. The numbers on the edge are the right-side [RS] rows. In the wrong-side [WS] rows P stitches and yarn over needle loop. K the edge stitch on RS, and P on WS. Start pattern over 4 sts. The arrows indicate the centre of the back. In every 3rd row increase 1 st (yarn over needle) at both sides, then from the 5th row increase 2 sts (yarn over needle) in every 2nd row. This gives the triangular form. Knit rows 1 – 22 1x, then repeat the last 4 rows, continuing in the pattern at edge as before.
- 9 sts and 14 rows net pattern with No. 8 needles = 10 x 10 cm.
- Starting at the upper edge, cast on 4 sts with No. 8 needles. Work in the net pattern. With inc. no. of sts, continue with a round needle No. 8. After 66 cm = 92 rows from cast-on – measured from the centre – cast off all 182 sts loosely. The cast-on edge and the beginning of the side edges form the long side of the triangle. The cast-off edge forms the diagonal sides.
- Gently stretch and dampen the piece and let it dry. Now fold down the upper corner of the triangle in the direction of the arrow = curved arrow in the diagram, that it is 26 cm over the diagonal sides. Then sew the corners - these are then the small sleeves. using the short round needle No. 7 pick up 72 sts at the sleeve edge and work rib pattern in rounds. After 3 cm = 7 rounds cast off sts as they appear. With the long round needle No. 7 pick up 240 sts over the entire open edge (picking up 2 sts from each cast-off st – at the upper edge = pick up less sts so that the edge form is maintained), starting in back centre. Knit rib pattern in rounds for the trim, making sure that 2 K sts are in the centre. In every 2nd round inc. 1 st (acc. to pattern - knitting through the back of the loop) before and after the 2 centre sts at the triangle point. After 3 cm = 7 rounds cast off all stitches loosely as they appear.