Filati Magazine 43, Design 45
Instructions are given for first size. Figures in parenthesis refer to larger sizes. When only one figure is given, it applies to all sizes.
- approx. 11 (12, 13) balls (approx. 110yd/100m each) of Lana Grossa Aurora (50% cotton, 20% linen, 20% polyamide, 10% viscose) in camel/gold (col 3); size 9 [5.5mm] needles, size 9 [5.5mm] circular needle, 47" [120 cm] long.
- St st:
- k on RS; p on WS.
- Rev st st:
- p on RS; k on WS.
- Ribbed Drop Stitch Pattern A:
- work according to chart A on page xx. Numbers at right edge of chart indicate RS rows; on WS rows, work sts as they appear or according to chart key. Beg chart pat with sts before first arrow, work sts between arrows for pat repeat, end with sts after 2nd arrow. Work rows 1-10 once, then work rows 5-10 three times = 28 rows. Note: st count between selvage sts will have doubled after row 3.
- Ribbed Drop Stitch Pattern B:
- work according to chart B on page xx. Numbers at right edge of chart indicate RS rows; on WS rows, work sts as they appear or according to chart key. Beg chart pat with selvage st and 4 (6, 8) sts before first arrow, work sts between arrows for pat repeat, end with 4 (6, 8) sts and selvage st after 2nd arrow. Work rows 1-6 four times, then work rows 7-10 once = 28 rows.
- Full-fashioned decreases:
- at beg of row, SKP [sl1 kwise, k1, psso], 2 sts in from edge; at end of row, k2tog, 2 sts in from edge.
- 16 sts and 26.5 rows = 4" [10 cm] in St st; 17.5 sts and 20 rows = 4" [10 cm] in ribbed drop st pat A and B.
- cast on 66 (72, 78) sts and work in St st for 2¾" [7cm]. Cont in St st as established and inc 1 st each end of needle on next row, then every foll 8th row once, then every foll 6th row once – 72 (78, 84) sts. Cont in St st as established until back measures 3¼" [8cm] from first inc. Shape armholes: bind off 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows, 2 sts at beg of foll 4 rows and 1 st at beg of foll 2 rows – 56 (62, 68) sts. Cont in St st as established until armhole measures 7 (7½, 7¾)" [18 (19, 20) cm]. Shape shoulders: bind off 4 (4, 7) sts at each shoulder edge once and 4 (5, 5) sts 3 times. At same time, on 2nd RS row of shoulder shaping, shape neck: work to center 14 sts, join another ball of yarn, bind off center 14 sts, work to end. Working both sides at same time, bind off 5 sts at each neck edge once. No sts remain.
- Left Front:
- cast on 8 (11, 14) sts. Work in St st and shape curved front edge as foll: cast on 4 sts at left edge on 3rd row from cast-on, then cast on 3 sts once and 2 sts twice. Inc 1 st at left edge every other row 6 times, then every foll 4th row twice. At same time, work side shaping at right edge same as for back – 30 (33, 36) sts and when same length as back to armhole, work armhole shaping at right edge same as for back – 22 (25, 28) sts. At same time, when armhole measures 2¾ (3¼, 3½)" [ 7 (8, 9) cm], shape front neck: working full-fashioned decs, dec 1 st at left edge once, then every foll 4th row twice, then every foll 6th row 3 times. When same length as back to shoulder, shape shoulder at right edge same as for back. No sts remain.
- Right Front:
- work same as for left front, reversing all shaping.
- cast on 74 (78, 82) sts and work in ribbed drop st pat B according to chart B as instructed – 38 (42, 46) sts remain on the needle. Next, work in St st and shape sleeve as foll: inc 1 st each end of needle on 9th St st row, then every foll 10th row 3 times, then every foll 8th row 4 times – 54 (58, 62) sts. Cont in St st as established until sleeve measures 11¾” [30cm] from ribbed drop st pat. Shape sleeve cap: bind off 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows and 1 st at beg of foll 14 rows. * Work 2 rows even. Bind off 1 st at beg of foll 2 rows. Repeat from * once more, then bind off 1 st at beg of foll 12 rows and 2 sts at beg of foll 2 rows. Bind off remaining 14 (18, 22) sts.
- pin pieces to measurements and block with damp towels. Sew all seams. With circular needle, beg and end at center back neck edge, pick up and k 230 (238, 246) sts along left half of back neck edge, left front edge incl curved edge, cast-on edge, right front edge incl curved edge and right half of back neck edge. Beg with a WS row, work in rev St st for 2 rows. P 1 WS row, then work in ribbed drop st pat A according to chart A for 28 rows – 458 (474, 490) sts. Bind off all sts loosely in pat. With WS facing, sew seam at center back. Sew sleeves.