Linea Pura 5, Design 18
Instructions are given for first size. Figures in parenthesis refer to larger sizes. When only one figure is given, it applies to all sizes.
- approx. 17 (18, 19) balls (approx. 82yd/75m each) of Lana Grossa Cashsilk (40% polyamide, 30% bamboo, 15% silk, 15% cashmere) in dark grey (col 12); size 13 and 15 [9 and 10mm] needles, size 15 [10mm] circular needle, 24” [60cm] long, 2 size 13 [9mm] circular needles, each 24” [60cm] long. Three 2” [50mm] toggle buttons in dark grey [by Union Knopf, item 450036, col 76].
- Chain Selvage:
- k tbl first st of every row and sl last st of every row pwise wyif. Note: work chain selvage throughout.
- Purl Garter Stitch:
- p every row.
- Rib Pattern:
- k1, p1.
- Rev st st:
- p on RS; k on WS.
- Full-fashioned decreases:
- at beg of row, selvage st, p2tog; at end of row, work to last 3 sts, p2tog, selvage st – 1 st decreased at each edge.
- 13 sts and 20 rows = 4” [10 cm] in rev St st on larger needles.
- with smaller needles, cast on 67 (73, 77) sts. Beg with a WS row, work in purl garter st for 3 rows. K next RS row. Change to larger needles. Beg with a WS row, work in rev St st and shape sides as foll: working full-fashioned decs, dec 1 st each end of needle on 9th [RS] row from purl garter st, then every foll 8th row 4 times more – 57 (63, 67) sts. Cont in rev St st until back measures 9ľ” [25 cm] from purl garter st. Place waist markers at right and left edge. Cont in rev St st and inc 1 st each end of needle on 11th row from waist markers, then every foll 12th row once more – 61 (67, 71) sts. Cont in rev St st until back measures 7” [18cm] from waist markers. Shape armholes: working full-fashioned decs, dec 1 st each end of needle on next row, then every other row 6 times more – 47 (53, 57) sts. Cont in rev St st until armhole measures 8Ľ (8ľ, 9)” [21 (22, 23) cm]. Shape shoulders: bind off 5 (6, 6) sts at each shoulder edge once and 4 (5, 6) sts twice. At same time, when working 2nd shoulder bind-off at beg of RS row, shape neck: work to center 17 sts, join another ball of yarn, bind off center 17 sts, work to end. Working both sides at same time, bind off 2 sts at each neck edge once. No sts remain.
- Left Front:
- with smaller needles, cast on 45 (48, 50) sts. Next WS row: selvage st; beg and end with p1, work 15 sts in rib pat for front band, work 28 (31, 33) sts in purl garter st, selvage st. Work in pat as established for 2 more rows. Next RS row: selvage st, k28 (31, 33), work 15 sts in pat as established, selvage st. Change to larger needles. Next WS row: selvage st, work 15 sts in rib pat as established, work 28 (31, 33) sts in rev St st, selvage st. Cont in pat as established and work side and armhole shaping at right edge same as for back – 35 (38, 40) sts. Cont in pat as established until armhole measures 6Ľ (6ľ, 7)” [16 (17, 18) cm]. Shape front neck: bind off 15 sts at left edge once, 3 sts once and 1 st every other row 4 times. When same length as back to shoulder, shape shoulder at right edge same as for back. No sts remain.
- Right Front:
- work same as for left front, reversing all shaping and working 3 buttonholes on RS rows every 6Ľ” [16cm] as foll: work first 7 sts in pat as established, k2tog tbl, yo, work in pat as established to end.
- with smaller needles, cast on 33 sts. Beg with a WS row, work in purl garter st for 4 rows. Next, work in rib pat for 14 rows, then work in purl garter st for 4 rows. Change to larger needles, work in rev St st and shape sleeve as foll: inc 1 st each end of needle on 11th (9th, 7th) rev St st row, then every foll 12th (10th, 8th) row 3 (4, 6) times more – 41 (43, 47) sts. Cont in rev St st until sleeve measures 11ľ” [30cm] from last purl garter st row. Shape sleeve cap: working full-fashioned decs, dec 1 st each end of needle on next row, then every other row 16 times more. Bind off remaining 7 (9, 13) sts.
- Pockets [make 2]:
- with larger needles, cast on 21 sts and work in rev St st for 5” [13cm], ending with a WS row. Change to smaller needles. K 1 RS row, work 3 rows in purl garter st, then bind off all sts in purl.
- pin pieces to measurements and block with damp towels. Sew pockets to right and left front, 1 st in from each pocket side edge and 1 row in from pocket cast-on. Use schematic as guide for pocket placement. Sew all seams. Collar: omitting front bands and with RS facing, hold first size 13 [9mm] circular needle along and parallel to neck edge. Hold 2nd size 13 [9mm] circular needle parallel and in front of first circular needle. With 2nd circular needle and RS facing, H pick up and k 1 st along neck edge; loop yarn from front to back around first circular needle = 1 st on each circular needle. Rep from H 58 times more = 59 sts on each circular needle. K 1 row across each circular needle. Next, with WS facing, H k2tog next st from first and 2nd circular needle, repeat from H to end – 59 sts. Next, work rib pat in rows for ľ” [2 cm] and at same time, cast on 10 sts at beg of first 2 rib pat rows – 79 sts. Change to larger circular needle and cont in rib pat as established until collar measures 5˝” [14cm] from beg. Bind off all sts loosely in pat. Sew cast-on sts of each collar edge to inside of left and right front band [see photo]. Sew in sleeves. Sew buttons.